A pair of Michael Jordan game-worn 1985 Chicago Bulls Air Jordan I rookie era sneakers and a rare 1916 M101-5 Blank Back #151 Babe Ruth rookie card highlight the Lelands 2022 Spring Classic Auction.
Jordan’s game-worn shoes are from an era when the NBA’s greatest player and his ironic shoes both exploded onto the sports and fashion landscape. Jordan wore the sneakers either during the second half of his 1984-85 rookie season, the start of the 1985-86 season or both.
The Babe Ruth 1916 rookie card is one of the most rare and iconic cards in the hobby, depicting a young Ruth as a pitching phenom for the Boston Red Sox before he emerged as the “Sultan of Swat.”
The auction also boasts a 2000 Playoff Contenders Championship Ticket #144 Tom Brady Rookie Autograph card, graded BGS NM 7 and Auto 10, as well as LeBron James’ first-ever Lakers 75th anniversary “City Edition” game-worn jersey from Dec. 3, 2021 and a signed Michael Jordan 1986 Fleer rookie card.
Other card highlights in the auction include:
• A 2012 Jimmy Butler National Treasures 1/1 Logoman Auto card, BGS 9.5.
• A 2020 Justin Herbert Contenders Optic 1/1 Gold Vinyl Rookie Auto, PSA 8.
• A Steph Curry 2009 National Treasures RPA from 2015 Panini Replay.
• A 1998 Kobe Bryant Precious Metal Gems /50, BGS 9.
• A Chris Paul 2005-06 SP Authentic Rookie 1/1 Logoman Auto.
• A 2020 Topps Dynasty F1 Lewis Hamilton Triple Patch Auto PSA 10.
• A 2021 Absolute Kaboom Tom Brady Gold PSA 10.
The auction also features Tiger Woods signed badges from all five of his Masters victories; a Wilt Chamberlain 100-point game ticket; a 2022 Steph Curry photo-matched game-worn jersey; and a 1925-28 Ty Cobb game-used bat.
Also up for bid are the shoes Kris Jenkins wore when he hit the dramatic buzzer-beating three-pointer to lift Villanova past North Carolina in the 2016 NCAA Men’s National Championship Game; a “Deflategate” game-used football; the football from Tom Brady’s TD pass to Mike Evans for Evans’ 71st career TD; and Brady’s game-used football from the interception from the game when he set the record for most regular season wins by a QB.
Additional auction highlights include:
• The 1906 Sir Huon Kentucky Derby gold watch awarded to the winning jockey.
• Skateboarding legend Tony Hawk’s last “Magic Dance” skateboard from autograph NFT drop.
• Jan van Breda Kolff’s personal collection.
• The #1 Muhammad Ali Ticket Collection on PSA Registry.
• An 1894 Temple Cup Print by Hy Sandham.
• A 1903 Carl Horner American League Composite Display Photograph.
• Freddie Freeman’s 2021 World Series Game 5 home run baseball.
• A meet-and-greet with Celtics legend Bob Cousy with proceeds benefiting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Mass & MetroWest.
The Lelands 2022 Spring Classic Auction runs through June 11. For more information, visit https://lelands.com.