Skinner Auctioneers, a high-end art and antiques auction house, is venturing into sports collectibles. And it’s only fitting that the first sports memorabilia auction for the Massachusetts-based company would be highlighted by New England’s greatest sports star.
Skinner’s Sports Memorabilia Auction, which runs Dec. 7-15, features 34 Tom Brady cards owned by a passionate Boston sports fan. The collection includes a PSA 5 version of the Brady 2000 Contenders Championship Rookie Ticket Autographed card. The card, which has an autograph grade of 9, has an estimated value of $300,000-500,000. A PSA 9 version of the card sold for $3.1 million in June, a record at the time for football trading cards.
“Skinner is proud to enter the game featuring Tom Brady cards, because we have been privileged to see his winning ways firsthand here in New England,” said Marie Keep, managing director at Skinner.
The Skinner auction also features 33 other Brady cards, including:
● A 2000 Playoff Contenders #144 Tom Brady Autographed Rookie Card, graded PSA Authentic, (estimated value: $10,000-$15,000).
● A 2000 SPX Tom Brady #130 Rookie Card, PSA NM-MT 8, (estimated value: $10,000-$15,000).
● A 2005 Tom Brady Leaf Limited Material Monikers Auto Jersey 12/15, PSA NM-MT 8, (estimated value: $8,000-$12,000).
● A 2004 Playoff Absolute Jersey Memorabilia Tom Brady Autograph, 81/194, PSA Mint 9 (estimated value: $4,000-$6,000).
● A 2000 Press Pass #3 Tom Brady Rookie Auto, PSA Mint 9, (estimated value: $600-$800).
Patriots head coach Bill Belichick is also featured in the auction with a framed display that features a signed and inscribed photo of Belichick as well as reprint tickets of five of the Patriots’ Super Bowl victories.
The auction also features several high-end basketball cards, including a 2003 Topps Chrome Xfractor Lebron James #111. Graded PSA Mint 9, the card has an estimated value of $50,000-75,000. Skinner also has a 2003 Topps Chrome Refractor Lebron James Rookie Card #111 graded PSA 8 and valued at $1,500-$2,500.
Another key card also has a Boston connection — a 1980 Topps tri-card featuring Larry Bird, Julius Erving and Magic Johnson. Graded PSA 6, the card is considered the rookie card for both Bird and Magic.
NBA legend Michael Jordan is also represented, with a 1986 Fleer Jordan Sticker card, graded PSA 9 and estimated at $10,000-$15,000.
For more on the sports memorabilia auction, visit skinnerinc.com.