PWCC Marketplace promised its new monthly auctions would be “fast-paced and fun.”
The first one was also wildly successful, attracting nearly 500,000 bids on more than 41,000 items and generating more than $12 million in sales.
The October Monthly Auction, which closed Oct. 24, featured PWCC’s new extended bidding model, which company officials say kept collectors engaged throughout the event, providing users with a “fast-paced and engaging auction experience.”
The sports card auctions were highlighted by a 2018 National Treasures Stars & Stripes Josh Allen Rookie Patch Auto card (PSA 9) that sold for a record $75,000.
The auction also set multiple records for the player/character on specific cards, including:
• A 2004 Pokemon Ex Team Rocket Returns Holo Gold Star Torchic #108 (PSA 10), which sold for $50,000.
• A 1977 Topps Star Wars Wonder Bread JAWAS #10 (PSA 10) for $13,500.
• A 1987 Topps WWF Stickers Wrestling Bret “Hitman” Hart #1 (PSA 10) for $3,600.
Other sports card records included:
• A 2018 Panini Kaboom! Tom Brady #TB (PSA 10) for $13,500.
• A 1996 Skybox Z-Force Big Men On Court Z-Peat Michael Jordan #4 (PSA 10) for $40,000.
• A 2009 Topps Chrome Refractor Stephen Curry Rookie #101 (PSA 8.5) for $28,500.
You Also Might Like: New GottaHaveSports auction features LeBron, Trout rookie cards