GottaHaveRockandRoll is expanding its auction business by rebranding its sports auctions as GottaHaveSports.
And it’s starting with a bang as its first Fall Sports Auction is loaded with impressive sports cards and memorabilia.
What better way to build your first sports-only auction than with cards featuring one of the hottest athletes in the modern card market — LeBron James.
The fall auction, which begins Nov. 3 and runs through Dec. 10, features multiple LeBron cards that are sure to attract the attention of collectors. It is highlighted by a 2003 Ultimate Collection LeBron James Rookie Autograph (#127) card that opens with a minimum bid of $50,000 and is estimated to attract $75,000-$100,000.
Other LeBron cards include: an 2003 Upper Deck LeBron James Finite Signatures card, graded PSA 8 with an autograph grade of 10; a 2004 SP Signature LeBron James and Kobe Bryant Dual Authentic Signatures card (PSA 6); a 2005 SP Authentic #SS LeBron James Sensational Sigs (PSA 9) card; and a 2003 Topps Chrome #11 LeBron James (PSA 9).
The other premier card in the auction is 2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Prospects Refractors Mike Trout Autograph card (BGS 9.5) with a minimum bid of $25,000 and an estimated value of $35,000-$45,000. Other high-end baseball cards include rookie cards of Vladimir Guerrero, Mookie Betts, Wander Franco and Cory Seager.
Other high-end cards basketball cards include a 2009 Upper Deck Exquisite Collection #72 Stephen Curry Autograph Rookie Parallel (PSA 6, auto 9), as well as multiple Michael Jordan cards, a 1961 Wilt Chamberlain rookie card and a 1980 Topps card featuring rookies Larry Bird and Magic Johnson along with veteran Julius Erving.
The auction also features some impressive sports memorabilia, including a Larry Bird game-worn and twice-signed jersey from the 1992 Summer Olympics.
Other key memorabilia pieces include:
• an Emmitt Smith game-worn and signed jersey from his 1990-91 rookie season.
• a Babe Ruth issued New York Yankees uniform.
• a Shoeless Joe Jackson-signed notepad authenticated by Beckett and JSA.
• a Christy Mathewson single-signed baseball.
• Roberto Clemente’s 1972 MLB All-Star ring, the last ring of his career.
• Kobe Bryant game-used and signed sneakers from his 1996-97 rookie season.
• a Troy Aikman game-worn and signed 75th Anniversary jersey from 1994.
• a Peyton Manning game-used Colts helmet from his rookie season in 1998-99.
• a game-worn, signed and inscribed Joe Montana jersey from 1990.
• a Larry Bird game-worn and signed Boston Celtics jersey from his rookie season.
• a Michael Jordan signed Chicago Bulls jersey from 1995-96 authenticated by the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame.
• game-worn Michael Jordan Nike Air Jordan sneakers from 1989-90.
GottaHaveRockandRoll is continuing its music auctions, while also adding a history auction branded GottaHaveHistory.