Regardless of sport, Panini America’s Flawless brand has earned a place in sports card annals as a super-premium product. From its upper-end aesthetics to its autograph and memorabilia content to its jewel-embedded base cards, Flawless has become somewhat peerless, too. In late October, the brand returns to celebrate America’s pastime.
For the first time, every base card in 2018 Flawless Baseball will include at least one diamond — and the base set checklist includes only the most collectible legends, superstars and rookies. Standard base cards will be numbered to 20 and will be paralleled by Pink (numbered to three) and Black 1/1 versions. On average, each 10-card hobby briefcase (two briefcases per case) will deliver seven autograph cards, two memorabilia cards and one jewel-embedded base or parallel card.
Additional highlights include:
• Legends Gems features sapphire-encrusted jersey numbers for four of the greatest legends to ever play in the Bronx — Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Mickey Mantle and Joe DiMaggio. Single-player cards will feature nine gems and the quad-player card will house 20 gems.
• Rookie Patch Autographs feature on-card autographs and jumbo-prime memorabilia pieces from the top 2018 rookies. Base versions will be numbered to 25 or less and will include Ruby (numbered to 20 or less), Sapphire (numbered to 15 or less), Gold (numbered to 10 or less), Emerald (numbered to five or less) and Black 1/1 parallels.
• Great Dual Memorabilia Autographs honor the game’s elite with on-card autographs and two pieces of memorabilia.
• Look for oversized material like Bat Barrels, Bat Nameplates and a new addition for 2018: Spikes. Bat Barrels and Bat Nameplates will be numbered to only one; Spikes will be numbered to 18 or less.
• Find jumbo swatches of material from legends like Babe Ruth, Mel Ott, Jackie Robinson and more in Jumbo Legends.
• Flawless Material Cuts features a cut signature and a piece of memorabilia from legends such as Ruth, Roberto Clemente, Ty Cobb and more, numbered to 10 or less.