SCP Auctions’ Fall Premier Auction is just two days away from concluding and the top lots so far include the coveted Honus Wagner 1909 T206 card at $278,005, a Mickey Mantle 1952 Topps rookie card at $185,030 and a game-worn and signed Ernie Banks Chicago Cubs jersey from his last full season in the major leagues at $71,335.
The auction at www.scpauctions.com endsSaturday, Dec. 6, at 5 p.m. PST, which marks the 59th anniversary of Wagner’s death in 1955.
Other items attracting plenty of attention are Jackie Robinson’s game-used bat from his 1949 N.L. MVP season ($71,335) and his personal 1962 Hall of Fame presentation plaque ($51,880), as well as the late Lyle Alzado’s 1983 Los Angeles Raiders Super Bowl championship ring ($37,982).
The Chesapeake Honus Wagner Card
In August, SCP Auctions’ company principals’ David Kohler and Dan Imler secured an astounding collection of more than 3,500 T206 Cards from a private collector living in the northeast. His lineup included the incomparable Honus Wagner T206, which was graded by PSA on-site at the 35th Annual National Sports Collectors Convention (NSCC) in Cleveland. It received a PSA 1 designation, making it only the 33rd example authenticated and encapsulated by PSA.
Other top items in the bidding wars with two days to go include:
- 1967 Willie Mays San Francisco Giants Game-Worn and Signed Uniform ($35,433)
- 1968-69 Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves Game-Worn and Signed Road Jersey ($32,157)
- Elvin Hayes 1978 Washington Bullets NBA Championship Ring ($29,233)
- Mark Rypien’s 1987 Washington Redskins Super Bowl Championship Ring ($25,941)
- Bill “Moose” Skowron’s 1962 New York Yankees World Series Championship Ring ($25,941).
The auction is being conducted online at www.scpauctions.com. Call (949) 831-3700 for more information.