The MINT25 Auction, which opened Jan. 2, features some of the most iconic collectibles in sports history, including items from such legendary figures as Babe Ruth, Michael Jordan, Tom Brady and Mickey Mantle.
The auction is being held as part of the MINT Collective, a new event uniting sports collectors, industry professionals and investors. The inaugural event was originally scheduled for Jan. 28-30 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas but has been postponed until March 25-27 due to concerns over COVID.
The MINT25 Auction, an exclusive collection of 25 of the greatest and most iconic artifacts in sports history, will be conducted by Lelands. It opened Jan. 2 and will run through Jan. 29.
Among the historic items being offered are a Tom Brady 2010 New England Patriots signed, game-worn, photo-matched jersey; a 2000 Playoff Contenders Championship Ticket #144 Brady Rookie Autograph card (BGS NM-MT+ 8.5 - Auto 9); Babe Ruth’s 1918 Hillerich & Bradsby bat contract signed six times by Ruth; and Jordan’s Chicago Bulls jersey from his 1998 game-winning buzzer-beater against the Atlanta Hawks in what was his legendary final season with the Bulls and as chronicled in “The Last Dance.”
To qualify for The MINT25 Auction, lots were selected based on their extreme rarity, historical significance, hobby interest and appraisal value. Here is a complete list of lots up for bid:
• A Tom Brady 2010 New England Patriots signed, game-worn, photo-matched jersey (Estimate: $500,000 - $600,000)
• A 2000 Playoff Contenders Championship Ticket #144 Tom Brady Rookie Autograph BGS NM-MT+ 8.5 - Auto 9 (Estimate: $1,500,000 - $2,000,000)
• Babe Ruth’s 1918 first Hillerich & Bradsby bat contract signed six times (Estimate: $800,000 - $1,000,000)
• A Michael Jordan 1998 Chicago Bulls game-worn “Last Dance Buzzer Beater” jersey (Estimate: $300,000 - $400,000)
• Michael Jordan’s Chicago Bulls game-worn Air Jordan I sneakers from his broken foot game on 10/29/85 (Estimate: $400,000-$500,000)
• A 1986 Fleer #87 Michael Jordan Rookie Card PSA Gem MT 10 (Estimate: $300,000-$400,000)
• A 2005-06 Exquisite Collection Limited Logos #LLMU Michael Jordan game-used Patch Autograph - Jersey #23/50! BGS Mint 9 - Auto 10 (Estimate: $175,000-$225,000)
• A 2008 Skybox Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems Green #23 Michael Jordan 08/10 PSA Gem Mint 10 (Estimate: $250,000-$300,000)
• A 1951 Bowman #253 Mickey Mantle Rookie Card PSA NM-MT 8 (Estimate: $350,000-$400,000)
• A Mickey Mantle 1952 game-used bat from his very first All-Star Game (Estimate: $200,000-$300,000)
• A 2012-13 National Treasures NBA Signature #6 Kobe Bryant Game-Used Logoman Autograph 2/5 BGS Mint 9 - Auto 10 (Estimate: $200,000-$225,000)
• A 1951 Bowman #305 Willie Mays Rookie Card PSA NM-MT 8 (Estimate: $200,000-$300,000)
• A 2020-21 Panini Prizm Gold Prizm #1 LeBron James Tribute 01/10 PSA Gem Mint 10 (Estimate: $250,000-$300,000)
• A T3 Turkey Red Complete Baseball Master Set (Number 3 on the SGC Set Registry) (Estimate: $150,000-$200,000)
• A 2004 Panini Sports Mega Cracks #71 Lionel Messi Rookie PSA Gem Mint 10 (Estimate: $250,000-$300,000)
• A 1957 Topps #77 Bill Russell Rookie SGC NM-MT 8 (Estimate: $200,000-$250,000)
• Mike Eruzione’s 1980 Team USA Hockey gold medal winning game-worn jersey (Estimate: $375,000-$500,000)
• A T206 Baseball Card Complete Set minus Honus Wagner (Estimate: $300,000-$400,000)
• A 1961 Fleer Basketball Unopened Wax with Wilt Chamberlain Rookie Showing (Estimate: $425,000-$500,000)
• A Wilt Chamberlain 100 point game signed program and basketball, with high-grade ticket stub (Estimate: $100,000-$200,000)
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s record-setting 38,387th NBA point basketball (Estimate: $400,000-$500,000)
• A 2017 Panini National Treasures Green #161 Patrick Mahomes RPA Rookie Patch Autograph - Jersey Number 15/15 BGS Mint 9 - Auto 10 (Estimate: $1,000,000-$1,250,000)
• A 1910 E98 Ty Cobb Card PSA Gem Mint 10 (Estimate: $400,000-$500,000)
• A Super Bowl LII Tom Brady to Rob Gronkowski TD pass football (Estimate: $200,000-$300,000)
• A 1999 Pokemon Base Set 1st Edition Unopened Box (Estimate: $300,000- $400,000)
The MINT Collective, a joint effort by IMG and Collectable, is designed to bring together collectors and investors with industry professional and the top brands in the hobby. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet top collectors and experts, leading sports and collectible brands, investment strategists and influencers seeking to shape the future of the industry. The event also offers opportunities to buy, sell and trade in an exclusive marketplace; take part in an on-site auction; and view rare memorabilia at our Collector’s Carnival.
Tickets for The MINT Collective are now on sale at TheMINTCollective.com.