Michael Jordan was so generous he sometimes gave away his game-worn shoes.
Like this pair from his NBA rookie season that he signed and gifted to his long-time college friend, which sold for $420,000.
SCP Auctions now has another pair of special Jordan sneakers — a pair he wore as a college player in the 1984 Olympic Trials — in its 2022 Winter Premier Auction.
Jordan wore the pair of Converse sneakers in the final game of the 1984 Olympic Trials in San Diego on July 25, 1984. He wore the shoes throughout the trials and gifted them to the teenage son of the USA team physician, who was with the team on parts of their journey.
The shoes are dual signed by Jordan in red ink, as well as by fellow future Hall of Famer and 1992 “Dream Team” teammate Chris Mullin, plus 1984 USA players Vern Fleming, Alvin Robertson and Wayman Tisdale. The shoes are estimated to sell for $75,000 or more.
The auction, which runs through Feb. 5, also features a signed 1984-85 Star Co. Michael Jordan “true rookie card.” The card is graded BGS NM-MT+ 8.5 with a 10 autograph.
Also featured in the 580-lot auction are all three home run balls from Game 6 of the 2021 World Series hit by Jorge Soler, Dansby Swanson and Freddie Freeman.
Among other auction highlights are:
• 1909-11 T206 Honus Wagner card, graded PSA AUTHENTIC.
• 1933 Goudey Lou Gehrig #92, graded SGC MINT 9 (Pop 3).
• Signed 1952 Bowman #101 Mickey Mantle, graded PSA VG-EX 4, AUTO 9 ( Pop 1).
• 1952 Topps #407 Ed Mathews, graded PSA NM-MT 8.
• Rare 1920 Shoeless Joe Jackson "Baseball Crook" original photograph published after Black Sox scandal, graded PSA/DNA TYPE 1.
• Circa 1970 Arnold Palmer-owned 18k gold Rolex engraved wristwatch.
• June 13, 1948 “The Babe Bows Out” Pulitzer Prize-winning photo shot by Nat Fein. Believed to be the first copy from the Evening Post/Tribune Newspaper. Graded PSA/DNA TYPE 1.
• 1930s signed and inscribed Lou Gehrig original photo by George Burke. PSA/DNA TYPE 1.
• 1980-81 Topps Scoring Leaders Larry Bird/Julius Erving/Magic Johnson card, graded BVG GEM MINT 9.5.
• Fernando Tatis Jr. MLB debut, game-worn San Diego Padres cap.
• Fernando Tatis Jr. MLB debut game-worn and autographed Speedcoupe sunglasses with Beckett LOA.
• 2021 Joc Pederson game-used “stolen” Anthony Rizzo Marucci 'Rizz-H Custom Cut bat that Pederson used to hit three postseason home runs.
• Autographed 2017 Bowman Mega Box Chrome Prospects #BCP31 Shohei Ohtani, graded PSA GEM MINT 10, 10 AUTO.
• 2017 Panini Encased Rookie Triple Memorabilia #19 Patrick Mahomes Sapphire (16/25), graded BGS GEM MINT 9.5.
• 2021 Panini National Treasures Collegiate #102 Mac Jones College Silhouettes Signatures with 150th Anniversary logo, graded PSA NM-MT 8.
• 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Championship ring, 14K gold with diamonds and rubies.
• 1957 Milwaukee Braves World Series ring presented to outfielder Bill Bruton.
• 2006 Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI World Championship 14k gold and diamonds ring presented to assistant athletic trainer David Walston.
• 1995 Atlanta Braves World Series Championship ring presented to staff member.
• 1970 NBA Finals Los Angeles Lakers vs. New York Knicks Game 7 ticket stub (Knicks first championship, Willis Reed game), graded PSA AUTHENTIC.
For more information, visit SCPauctions.com or call (949) 831-3700.