Goldin Auctions recently sold an autographed LeBron James rookie card for more than $1.5 million.
It now has a similar version of the same card with the same grade available in its Winter Elite Auction.
A 2003-04 Upper Deck Exquisite Collection LeBron patch auto card, graded PSA NM-MT+ 8.5, sold for $1,572,000 in Goldin’s Holiday Auction. It now has a Beckett-graded 2003-04 UD "Exquisite Collection" LeBron signed patch rookie card (graded BGS NM-MT+ 8.5/BGS 10) available in its current auction, which opened Thursday.
The first LeBron Exquisite Collection rookie card ever produced has sold for as much as $1.72 million at Goldin. The current card quickly soared to $610,000 shortly after bidding opened.
The LeBron card is among a large collection of rare and premium cards and memorabilia in Goldin’s Winter Elite Auction, which features a wide range of premier basketball cards and sets and several potential record breakers.
Another one of the most notable items in the auction is a complete set of 1980-81 Topps Basketball PSA GEM MT 10 cards, which is considered one of the top basketball collections in the hobby. The set features 176 cards, including rookie cards of Hall of Famers Larry Bird and Magic Johnson as well as cards of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Moses Malone, Jack Sikma and George Gervin. Also included in the lot is a complete set (16) of 1980-81 Topps Basketball "Team Pin-Ups" Inserts, 1980-81 Topps Basketball unopened wax pack graded PSA GEM MT 10 and a 1980-81Topps Basketball 132-card uncut sheet.
“The Topps collection in our auction is one of the most meticulously assembled and curated sets in existence,” said Goldin Auctions Executive Chairman and Founder Ken Goldin. “We’re incredibly excited to be offering this comprehensive and significant item, as well as a huge variety of premium vintage and modern trading cards and collectibles.”
Other highlights in the Winter Elite Auction include:
• A 2000 Playoff Contenders "Championship Ticket" Tom Brady signed rookie card (graded BGS NM-MT 8).
• A 2003-04 Topps Chrome X-Fractor #111 LeBron James rookie card (graded BGS PRISTINE 10).
• A 2003-04 Topps Chrome Gold Refractors #111 LeBron James rookie card (graded BGS GEM MINT 9.5).
• A 1971 Roberto Clemente Hillerich & Bradsby U1 Model Bat (graded PSA/DNA GU 10 with Letter of Provenance) used during the 1971 World Series.
• Three factory-sealed, unopened hobby cases of 2003-04 Upper Deck Basketball "Exquisite Collection" cards with possible rookie cards of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Carmelo Anthony.
• A 2020 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs Superfractor Jasson Dominguez-signed 1st Bowman Rookie Card (graded PSA GEM MT 10).
• A 1965 Muhammad Ali Fight Worn Walkout Robe photo-matched to the May 25, 1965 march versus Sonny Liston, which was his first fight/appearance as Muhammad Ali.
• A Tony Gwynn’s 3,000TH Career Hit ONL Coleman Baseball from the Aug. 6 1999 game in Montreal.
The Winter Goldin Elite Auction closes on Feb. 5-6.