PWCC’s March Premier Auction is loaded with rare, high-grade cards from such modern legends as Tom Brady, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Tiger Woods.
But it is a pair of vintage cards from baseball immortals Willie Mays and Shoeless Joe Jackson that are likely to command intense bidding and six-figure prices.
The March Premier Auction at PWCC Marketplace opens March 4 and closes with extended bidding at 7 p.m. PT on March 19.
The auction is highlighted by a 1952 Topps Willie Mays #261 graded PSA 8 NM-MT. 1952 Mays cards with a PSA 8 grade have soared in value in recent years, climbing from $10,812 in 2008 to $39,381 in 2015 to $258,000 in December 2021.
Also up for bid is a 1915 Cracker Jack Shoeless Joe Jackson #103 graded SGC 8.5 NM-MT+. There are just four 1915 Cracker Jack Shoeless Joe cards known to exist, with only two graded higher.
Auction sales of 8.5 examples of the card have shown incredible growth in the past 10 years, increasing in value from $38,266 in 2012 to $228,000 in September 2021.
An impressive assortment of valuable modern cards includes:
• A 2000 E-X Essential Credentials Future Tom Brady ROOKIE /25 #122 PSA 9 MINT. The card, which includes a rare image of Brady in Patriots practice gear, is one of only seven to receive a PSA 9 grade. And unlike many of the 25 “Future” parallels that are missing reverse serial numbers, this PSA 9 has the proper serial stamp.
• 1998 Fleer Tradition Playmakers Theatre Michael Jordan /100 #9 PSA 10 GEM MINT. This is highest graded example ever auctioned publicly for a card that is highly fragile and rarely seen in grades higher than NRMT.
• A 2003 Exquisite Collection Limited Logos Michael Jordan PATCH AUTO /75 BGS 9.5.
• A 2003 Exquisite Collection Limited Logos Kobe Bryant PATCH AUTO /75 #KB BGS 9.
• A 2001 SP Authentic Golf Gold Tiger Woods ROOKIE AUTO /100 #45 PSA 10 GEM MINT. One of only 17 PSA 10 examples.