A signed, game-worn Bill Russell jersey from Game 7 of the 1966 NBA Finals sold for $966,000 Saturday at Goldin Co., while another signed jersey from a pro basketball Hall of Famer netted more than $500,000.
The Russell jersey, photo-matched to the 1966 NBA Finals, when the Boston Celtics won their eighth consecutive championship, is the third Russell jersey sold since December, with the other two topping $1 million. The three jerseys sold for $3.1 million combined.
A signed jersey from Julius Erving, photo-matched to his rookie season with the ABA’s Virginia Squires, also sold for $522,000, a record for an Erving or ABA item.
A Kobe Bryant jersey, photo-matched to Games 1 and 2 of the 2008 NBA Finals, sold for $282,000.
The top-selling card in the auction was a Luka Doncic 2018-19 Panini National Treasures signed rookie patch card for $660,000, a record for the card.
Other highlights from Goldin’s Elite Auction include:
• A 1939 DC Detective Comics #27 for $1.74 million.
• A 2009-10 Panini Absolute Memorabilia Signature Materials NBA Logo #144 Stephen Curry signed Logoman Patch rookie card, graded PSA 10, for $492,000.
• A 2003-04 Topps Chrome Gold Refractor #111 LeBron James rookie card, graded BGS 9.5, for $540,000.
• A 1999 Upper Deck Final Floor Autograph #FF11 Michael Jordan signed relic card, graded PSA 6, for $240,000.
• A 2004-05 Upper Deck Trilogy 1-2-3 Clear Cut Autograph LeBron James/Kobe Bryant/Michael Jordan card, graded BGS 10, for $387,600.
• A 2003 NetPro autographed patch rookie card of Serena Williams for $266,400, shattering the old record of $117,000.
• A 2020 Topps Chrome F1 Superfractor Charles Leclerc rookie card for $264,000, a record for any Charles Leclerc card.