(This story originally appeared on www.sportscollectorsdaily.com)
Back in April, PSA introduced a service to provide custom-made encapsulation inserts for personally designed trading cards.
“We’ve had cards submitted of Little League players, high school and college athletes and weekend athletes who want to have a splendid memento of their achievements,” said PSA President Joe Orlando. “We’ve also had grandparents sending in specially made cards to be encapsulated as a keepsake gift for a loved one.”
“Not all the cards have sports themes. We’ve encapsulated personalized cards celebrating weddings, birthdays and graduations. It’s certainly been an interesting response.”
Not everyone has their own trading card, of course, and some are creating their own online at www.mytradingcards.com.
For those who’d rather encapsulate a special photograph, PSA can also encapsulate various sizes to help protect and preserve them.
For additional information about PSA personalized trading card encapsulation, call PSA Customer Service at (800) 325-1121. Or visit online at the recently redesigned PSA website, www.PSAcard.com, and click SERVICES on the navigation bar.
MORE RESOURCES FOR SPORTS COLLECTORS
- Get current market values for 400,000+ baseball cards issued between '81 & '09
- Get the Ultimate Yankee package
- Interact with other sports collectors in Tuff Stuff's online forum
- Sign up for your FREE email newsletter from Tuff Stuff
- Read the latest 7th Inning Stretch Blog from Tuff Stuff Editor Scott Fragale