The White Plains Sports Card Show – the “Spring Fever" Show – is scheduled for May 2-4, will mark the ninth anniversary of JP'S Sports/Rock Solid Promotions (JPRS), promoter of the Tri-State area’s largest sports card and memorabilia shows.
The show will feature more than 300 vendors and guests, including appearances and autograph sessions with some of the top players in baseball.
Appearing Saturday, May 3 will be:
- Bob Gibson “Gibby” - HOF 1981, 1964 and 1967 World Series MVP, 1968 NL MVP, 1968 and 1970 NL Cy Young, 9x Gold Glove
- Lou Brock “The Francise” - HOF 1985, 1964 and 1967 World Series Champions, 3,023 Hits, 938 Stolen Bases, 6x All-Star
- Candy Maldonado – 1992 World Series Champions, 1989 National League Champs.
Appearing on Sunday, May 4 will be:
- Wally Moon - 1954 NL ROY, 2x World Series Champion, 2x All-Star, Gold Glove
- The 1969 New York Mets World Champions team members Duffy Dwyer, Wayne Garrett, Al Weis
- Jake Lamotta - 1980 The Raging Bull – The Bronx Bull – International Booking Hall of Fame, #52 in the Top 80 Fighter list (12 noon-1:30 p.m.)
- Tommy Hearns “The Hitman” - Won 5 Titles in 5 Different Weight Classes (12 noon-1:30 p.m.).
“This is a star-studded lineup with extraordinary baseball and boxing guests,” said Brian Coppola, JPRS promoter. It is a great opportunity to come and meet some autographs guests that are not local to the area. I personally love the reaction on a fan’s face when they are blown away by meeting a guest. Sometimes a customer comes up to the table shaking with adrenaline because they are meeting their childhood hero for the first time. The reaction of the customer never gets old.”
JPRS’s shows always include a bevy of free perks for attendees, including select free autographs, and free admission and gift packs for kids 10 and under. All attendees are also entered for top-quality door prizes.
Free autograph guests are Jack Fisher and Tracy Stallard (Saturday,1-3 p.m.) and Wally Moon (Sunday, 12 noon-2 p.m.).
A nice selection of baseballs, specialty baseballs, bats, 8-by-10 and 16-by-20 photos will be available for purchase, along with autograph tickets.
Amongst the vendors will be a variety of autographs authenticators and graders and framers, including Sportscard Guaranty, JSA Authentication, and Ace Autograph Certification. PSA (Professional Sports Authenticator) will offer two premium services not often offered in person.
“We always expect good stories and laughs with the customers,” Coppola said. “The sophisticated customers know as much about this hobby as we do. Their stories are sometimes better than ours!”
Admission is $8 per day. Kids under 10 are free. The show will run Friday 2-8 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m., and Sunday 10 a.m.-4 p.m. The Westchester County Center is located at 198 Central Avenue in White Plains, N.Y.
For the sports enthusiast who can not attend, JPRS also offers a seamless mail order service, where fans can send an item and have it signed exactly as if they were there in person.