When it’s time to get down to the art of the matter, baseball collectors know doing so boils down to two words: “Diamond Kings.” The hobby’s most decorated art-inspired product has been making headlines and exhibit-quality trading cards for more than two decades. It will do so once again this year when Panini America unveils 2018 Diamond Kings Baseball in mid-April.
2018 Diamond Kings Baseball will deliver the first autograph memorabilia cards of the 2018 rookie class with the chase-worthy Rookie Material Signatures as well as more variations than ever before, including Black & White, Name, Photo and Sepia versions.
On average, each hobby box (eight cards per pack, 12 packs per box, 12 boxes per inner case, two inner cases per master case) will yield two autograph or memorabilia cards, three Framed parallels, two SPs, two variations and 11 inserts.
Highlights of the product include:
• Memorabilia cards of the all-time greats in DK Materials, Jersey Kings, Bat Kings, Studio Portraits Materials and Diamond Deco.
• The return of the Jersey Kings and Bat Kings memorabilia inserts.
• A nod to 1982 with Retro 1982 Diamond Kings Materials Signatures featuring fan-favorite players from today and yesterday.
• Diamond Kings Signatures features autographs of retired, veteran and prospect players with four parallels numbered to 99 or less.
• It’s impossible to mention baseball royalty and not have Babe Ruth in the conversation. The one-card Royalty tribute honors one of the greatest sluggers of all time.
• The sublime Diamond Materials Cuts insert honors Hall of Famers and other legends with cut signatures and pieces or memorabilia.