SCP Auctions will be exhibiting several premium items at this year’s National Sports Collectors Convention (July 29-Aug. 2) at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Ill. Buyers, sellers, collectors sports fans are encouraged to swing by and peruse the firm’s assortment of top-notch lots and ask questions to its knowledgeable staff. SCP Auctions’ booth (Nos. 1013, 1015, 1112 and 1114) will be located just inside the convention center’s main entrance. SCP Auctions principals David Kohler and Dan Imler will be on hand buying and selling important sports memorabilia and cards, as well as providing generous cash advances to consignors of noteworthy pieces.
Many high-end items featured in the company’s fast-approaching online 2015 Mid-Summer Classic Auction (August 5-22) will be on display including two rare pieces from the late, great Chicago Cubs star Ernie Banks. The first is Banks’ impeccably preserved 1968 Chicago Cubs home jersey, while the second is an autographed bat the Hall of Famer used during the 1964 season in which he belted 23 home runs and drove in 95 runs.
Other top items on display that are scheduled for SCP Auctions’ 2015 Mid-Summer Classic include:
– 1936 Winter Olympics Gold Medal presented to Great Britain hockey goalie Jimmy Foster
– 1938 New York Yankees Championship Gold Medal pocket watch presented to Johnny Murphy (The Johnny Murphy Collection)
– 1950-51 Ted Williams signed Boston Red Sox game-worn home jersey (MEARS A5.5)
– 7/22/2014 Derek Jeter signed New York Yankees game-worn home uniform and signed second base used to break Lou Gehrig’s franchise doubles record
– 1973 Al Kaline Detroit Tigers game-worn home jersey (MEARS A10)
– 1981-82 Michael Jordan dual-signed and inscribed pair of UNC Tar Heels game-worn shoes from freshman NCAA Championship season
– Historic 7/9/94 Alex Rodriguez signed and inscribed Louisville Slugger bat used to get his first MLB hit (A-Rod LOA);
– 1970 Nolan Ryan New York Mets game-worn home flannel
– Lawrence Taylor Super Bowl XXV (Giants vs. Bills, Jan. 27, 1991) game-worn Nike cleats
– 1992 U.S. Men’s Basketball Dream Team signed and painted game-used ball from historic Olympic Gold Medal victory over Croatia (Chuck Daly Collection);
– 1912 T202 Hassan Triple Folder PSA Graded Set (No. 2 on PSA Set Registry)
– Dwight D. Eisenhower used custom golf bag and full set of specially engraved “General Ike” Spalding clubs.
Online bidding is open to registered bidders and will begin Aug. 5. The auction is being conducted online at www.scpauctions.com. For more information, call 949-831-3700.