Pure Golf Auctions will be hosting a January auction that will be filled with not only golf memorabilia, but memorabilia related to the sports of football, basketball, hockey and soccer.
As one would expect, golf memorabilia leads the way in the auction, which opens for bidding on Jan. 17.
An item that is sure to attract plenty of bids is an official team photo from the 1999 Ryder Cup held at the Country Club in Brookline, Massachusetts. The photo is signed by Payne Stewart and Tiger Woods. This was Stewart’s last Ryder Cup and final tournament he played in.
Another Tiger Woods item available is a Tiger Woods and caddy Steve Williams signed 2008 Buick Open caddy bib. The bib is framed in a shadow box. The proceeds from this item will go to a 501-3C charitable program.
Proceeds from the sale of an Arnold Palmer signed original putter and signed Pennzoil cap in a shadow box will also go to a 501-3C charitable program.
Other golf related items in the auction include:
• 2004 framed Masters flag autographed by Arnold Palmer.
• Arnold Palmer No. 1 bronze sculpture by Karl Farris. The sculpture is 18 inches high and comes with a letter from the artist.
• Bobby Jones speech commemorating the 25th anniversary of his Grand Slam. It includes three acetate pressed discs. Only two sets exist.
• Original oil painting of Pine Valley 10th Hole by Michael Miller. The painting is 46 inches by 58 inches, and is framed.
• Pink Panther Golfing bronze sculpture by Michael Roche. The sculpture is 18 inches high and is part of a sold out edition.
• Rare 65-pound red marble sculpture of a golfing bear by a Danish artist. The sculpture is 18 inches tall.
Other sports are also well represented in the auction. The top items from other sports include:
• Drew Brees signed NFL football.
• Official Green Bay Packers football helmet signed by Hall of Famer Bart Starr. There are also 10 other HOF helmets available in the auction.
• Michael Jordan hand-signed retirement jersey that is framed. The jersey is numbered 76 of 230.
• NCAA Final Four basketball signed by UCLA Hall of Fame coach John Wooden.
• Bobby Orr signed authentic Boston Bruins framed historical hockey sweater.
• Authentic soccer ball signed by Pele, who was voted “World Player of the Century” in 1999.
• A non-sport item available is a hand-signed personal letter from President Dwight D. Eisenhower to CBS broadcaster John Derr.
The auction concludes on Feb. 6.
For a complete listing of auction items and to register for the auction, visit www.puregolfauctions.com.