Legendary Boston Celtics point guard and recently inducted Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Famer Jo Jo White helped the team win a pair of NBA titles (1974 and ’76) during his 10-year tenure in Beantown. Selected by Boston with the No. 9 overall pick in the 1969 NBA Draft out of Kansas University, White finished his career with the Celtics averaging 18.3 points per game and led the team in assists four different seasons.
SCP Auctions is proud to present White’s personal memorabilia collection in its 2015 Fall Premier. The online auction starts on Nov. 18, and will conclude on Dec. 5. As the Boston Celtics’ director of Special Projects and a community relations representative, White was awarded a 2008 Boston Celtics NBA Championship 14K white gold ring upon the 2008 squad’s claiming of the franchise’s 17th title. It tops the list of valuable items amongst White’s two-dozen lots that are up for bid.
Highlights from the collection include the following
– 1976 Boston Celtics NBA Championship Ring Issued in Replacement of White's Lost Original (White LOA)
– 2008 Boston Celtics NBA Championship Ring in Presentation Box (White LOA)
– 1974 Boston Celtics NBA Championship Ring Issued in Replacement of White's Lost Original (White LOA)
– 1976 NBA Most Valuable Player Tiffany & Co. Digital Wristwatch (White LOA)
– Pair of 1966-68 Converse College All-American Award Plaques (White LOA)
– 1976 and 1977 NBA All-Star Game Plaques (White LOA).
For more information on this sale, visit www.scpauctions.com or call 949-831-3700