Jamie Moyer, a 24-year veteran MLB pitcher is offering a unique experience around Babe Ruth, all in the name of his charity.
The Moyer Foundation, is hosting an auction event on Nov. 11 with a preview available now. Among the item with greatest appeal to SCD readers is the package surrounding Babe Ruth.
One lucky winner (and a guest) will have the chance to take a guided tour for two (2) of Babe’s birthplace in Baltimore, the opportunity to hold a bat Ruth used during his HR record setting season in 1927 and a framed, one-of-a-kind original Ruth autograph.
The entire package includes:
– Framed & matted authentic signature of Babe Ruth
– Exclusive tour for two (2) of Babe Ruth’s Birthplace and Museum in Baltimore, Md.
– Hold not-on-display archived game-used baseball bat with photo opportunities.
– Dinner for two (2) at restaurant in Baltimore during visit
– Hotel accommodations for two (2) people for 1 night in Baltimore, Md.
Bidding is now open and will remain open to the general public until noon on Nov. 11. At the event that evening, a representative from charitybuzz.com will participate in the live auction on behalf of the online bidder with the highest big for a particular item.
This is a great opportunity to not only obtain a Ruth autograph, but also benefit a worthy charity run by Jaime Moyer.