Goldin Auctions is giving collectors the chance to purchase some unique collectibles, from Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Ty Cobb, Barry Bonds, Stan Musial and more, and at the same time help those impacted by Hurricane Sandy.
Goldin Auctions has added 15 "Hurricane Relief Lots" to its Fall 2012 auction with 100 percent of the sales from these items, including the 10 perent buyer's premium, being donated to the American Red Cross for Disaster Relief. Collectors can bid upon these items at www.GoldinAuctions.com by clicking on the category Hurricane Relief.
"The fact that our company's first auction is underway during the biggest natural disaster to ever hit my home state of New Jersey made it obvious to us that we should use the auction to help these people in need," said Ken Goldin. "I would like to thank PSA/DNA for donating the authentication services for these lots, and hope collectors all across America will be generous in their bids to help raise as much as possible to support the critical work of the American Red Cross Disaster Relief."
The 15 Goldin Auctions Hurricane Relief Lots (Nos. 698-712) include:
- 1909 T-206 Ty Cobb Portrait Red Background (PSA 2)
- 1926 W512 Babe Ruth PSA Authentic
- 1939 Play Ball #26 Joe DiMaggio Card (PSA VG3)
- Uncut sheet of 30 Mickey Mantle Insert Cards from '97 Mantle Shoe Box Collection
- Barry Bonds Autographed Bat
- Stan Musial 3-Time MVP Signed and Inscribed Bat
- Yogi Berra Autographed Baseball (PSA/DNA 10)
- Joe DiMaggio Signed & Notarized Framed Stat Sheet with Photo
- 50 Signature 16"x20" Red Sox Tribute to Ted Williams
- 16"x20" Don Larson/Yogi Berra Signed Perfect Game Photo
- 16"x20" Cy Young Award Winner Photo Signed by 26 Former Winners
- 16"x20" Autographed NY Mets Photo Signed by 50 Former Mets
- 8"x10" 300-Win Club Photo Signed by 8 Members of the 300-Win Club
- 16"x20" Julius Erving Signed and Framed Photo (#1 in Edition)
- J.J. Redick 2006 Player of the Year Autographed Stretched Canvas
The auction, which is headlined by the original Pete Rose Banishment Document issued by the Office of the Commission of Baseball on August 23, 1989, includes 640 lots rare and unique sports, history and pop culture memorabilia for sale. The auction concludes on Nov. 17 at www.GoldinAuctions.com.