NBCUniversal Television Consumer Products and NBC Retail Operations are diving into the 2012 London Olympics with their biggest consumer products offering ever. This summer, with the arrival of the highly anticipated London Olympic Games, NBC will offer a wealth of products, ranging from limited-edition collectibles and artwork, souvenirs and DVDs to the athletic wear used by the Olympic athletes.
NBC will partner once again with 3D pop artist Charles Fazzino to offer limited-edition prints and pins. In addition, NBC will offer a variety of collectible pins, including the exclusive London “logo” pins, London landmark pins and the complete sports discipline pins – which are available either individually or in collectible sets, including more than 100 pins in all.
Also, for the first time, NBCUniversal Television Consumer Products and NBC Retail Operations will be one of the few retailers to offer the official Nike apparel seen on the Team USA athletes and crew, which includes the Nike track jackets that the athletes will wear on the medal stands. All of the merchandise is available online at www.nbcolympicstore.com.
“All eyes will be on the London Games this summer and we know there is tremendous interest in capturing the memories with souvenirs and collectibles,” said Shelli Hill, vice president, NBCUniversal Television Consumer Products. “We are extremely excited to be able to offer so many exclusive products and with over 400 items, there is something for everyone – from the enthusiastic fan to the serious collector.”
“The NBC Experience store is happy to be able to participate in the 2012 London Games by offering interesting, hip and exclusive merchandise to our customers. Our customers have gravitated to our Olympic section and have expressed real interest in showing their Olympic spirit by purchasing our products,” said Melinda Armenti, vice president, NBCUniversal Retail Operations.
Merchandise highlights include:
- Exclusive NBC London Logo collectible pins – available as singles or in collect-them-all sets – featuring movable parts and puzzle pieces
- Two exclusive Charles Fazzino-designed limited-edition 3D pins
- London 2012 Olympic mascot pins with key London landmarks and all sports disciplines represented
- Nike Team USA apparel, including T-shirts, bags, sweatshirts , caps and more
- Team USA T-shirts, polo shirts, shorts and outerwear
- Additional collectibles, which include British classic die-cast replicas, coins, figurines and beverage glasses