The sports card market continued to sizzle as evidenced by the record prices fetched for cards of Honus Wagner, Mickey Mantle, LeBron James, Michael Jordan, Giannis Antetokounmpo and soccer legend Pelé in Goldin Auctions’ 2020 October Legends Auction that closed Oct. 31.
The T206 Wagner card fetched $1,426,800, the highest price paid for that card graded a PSA PR-FR 1.
Other staggering prices in the auction:
· A 1952 Topps #311 Mantle sold for $584,250, the highest price paid for that card graded a PSA NM-MT 8.
· A 2003-04 Ultimate Collection #127 James signed rookie card (42/250) sold for $344,400, the highest price paid for a PRISTINE 10/Black Label 10 by BGS with signature graded 10 by Beckett.
· A 1958 Alifabolaget #635 Pelé rookie card graded a PSA MINT 9 sold for $295,200, making it the highest-priced soccer card of all time.
· A 1997-98 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems Red #23 Jordan (56/100) sold for $233,400, the highest price paid for the Red PMG Card graded BGS NM-MT+ 8.5.
· A 1986-87 Fleet #57 Jordan rookie card sold for $124,230, the highest price paid for a PSA GEM MT 10.
· A 2013-14 National Treasures #130 Antetokounmpo signed jersey rookie card BGS MINT 9/BGS 10 (65/99) sold for $124,230, the highest price paid for an Antetokounmpo National Treasures RPA /99.