The Heritage Auctions Spring Sports Auction features some high-end vintage cards, including a T206 Honus Wagner and a 1916 Sporting News Babe Ruth rookie card that both opened for more than $1 million.
The 1909-11 T206 Sweet Caporal Honus Wagner, graded PSA Fair 1.5, opened at $1,375,000.
The 1916 M101-5 Blank Back Sporting News Babe Ruth Rookie #151, graded PSA NM 7, opened at $1,525,000.
The auction, which includes extended bidding May 6-8, also features a 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle Rookie #253 graded SGC Mint 9, which opened at $280,000.
Another hot item is a 1992-93 Derek Jeter Complete Rookie Card Collection, with 42 cards graded PSA Gem Mint 10. It includes an uncut sheet and a Little Sun Set from the Netwings Nest Collection.
Other featured item include:
• a 1905 Honus Wagner Original Studio Photograph by Carl Horner, which is billed at “the most famous photo in the hobby.”
• a 1958 Willie Mays game-worn San Francisco Giants Jersey, Mears A7.5.
• a 1884 Provident Grays World Championship Pin from the first World Series.
• 1958 Topps Baseball PSA-graded complete mast set (537) with yellow letters, team variations, Herrera error, contest card and felt emblem insert.
• a 1967 Topps Baseball complete graded complete set (609), which is currently #7 on the PSA Registry.
The auction opened Monday and runs through May 8.