Here are some of the shortprints and variations found in 2011 Topps Heritage, straight from the company:
– Base cards Nos. 426-500 are short-printed and can be found 1:3 packs.
– Replicating the original 1962 Topps, there are short-printed green tint variations. Subjects include cards Nos. 110-158 and Nos. 160-196. These are found in hobby boxes only.
– There is also a blue tint variation (found at Wal-Mart) and a red tint variation (found at Target) featuring the same subjects. These are also short-printed.
– Collectors can also find green refractor parallels (100 subjects) that are only found in Green Refractor Hot Boxes. These Hot Boxes are 1 per hobby case.
– And at retail outlets, collectors can find a special 100-card black bordered parallel. They are exclusive to the $8.99 three-pack blister.
– There are six short-printed error variations, which mimic the original set:
* Alex Rodriguez (Photo Reversed w/ bat in left hand…image attached)
* David Wright (Cincinnati Reds)
* Joba Chamberlain (Card # 139)
* Bengie Molina (Wrong birthday)
* Ryan Zimmerman (Wrong batting average)
* Vlad Guerrero (Listed as Pitcher on card back)
And exclusive to hobby boxes, there is a special 10-card Jackie Robinson Story variation that has the look and feel of the Babe Ruth Story insert. In addition, there is a relic version of each card numbered to 42.