(This story originally appeared on www.sfgate.com)
On the Tuesday morning before the start of the World Series, Jim Bernardin, co-owner of Lefty's Sports Collectibles in Burlingame, was busy, busy, busy.
"It's nuts," said Bernardin as he hustled around the shop in shorts and a bright orange San Francisco Giants T-shirt, pricing new inventory, fielding phone calls and assisting customers. He estimated his clothing sales had increased more than 50 percent since the Giants started the playoffs.
But I wasn't too interested in the Giants "Locker Room" T-shirts that Bernardin said were flying off the rack.
MORE RESOURCES FOR SPORTS COLLECTORS
- Get current market values for 400,000+ baseball cards issued between '81 & '09
- Get the Ultimate Yankee package
- Interact with other sports collectors in Tuff Stuff's online forum
- Sign up for your FREE email newsletter from Tuff Stuff
- Read the latest 7th Inning Stretch Blog from Tuff Stuff Editor Scott Fragale